In the Archaeological Museum of Istanbul, presents rare works of art belonging to ancient civilizations in different regions from Balkans to Africa, from Anatolia and Mesopotamia to Arab Peninsula and Afghanistan that were part of the Ottoman Empire. In 1881, six years after the transfer of the Imperial Museum of antiquities and weapons from the Church. Irina in the pavilion was Repaired its Director was a prominent Turkish intellectual, artist and archaeologist Osman Hamdi Bey (1842-1910). The new Director has actively worked to transform the Museum . resembling just a warehouse of antique items of various values. Under his leadership, the archaeological excavations on the territory of the Ottoman Empire enriched the collection of the Museum many priceless masterpieces.
In 1891 under the order of Osman Hamdi Bey in Istanbul the famous architect, educated in Paris, Alexander Valluri (1850-1921) built a new building of the Archaeological Museum . called the Museum of sarcophagi (Asar-ı-Atika). In 1903, in connection with the increase in the number of exhibits were added the North wing, and in 1907 and South. In the design of the façade of this neoclassical building is clearly traced the motifs of the style of the most famous exhibits is the sarcophagus of Alexander and the Wailers. In one hundred years (1991) to meet the needs of a modern Museum . to the South-Eastern facade of the old Archaeological Museum prystailove, six-story building, first two floors are used as storage. The greatest interest among the exhibits on display in the old building of the Archaeological Museum are the marble sarcophagi of Royal (IV BC) from the necropolis of Sidon (Sidon, Lebanon). This is the sarcophagus of Sidon Abdalonymos called sarcophagus of Alexander the great, because the decorative friezes on its two long sides depict the scenes of battle and hunting with the participation of the great commander. And the tomb of STRATO, called the sarcophagus of the mourning women, because of the abundance of the weeping inmates of the harem of the voluptuous lords. There is also a collection of sculpture from the archaic period to the Byzantine Empire. The results of archaeological excavations in the valley of the Meander, Aphrodisias, Ephesus, Miletus and Manisa. Continue reading
Special containment procedures: SCP-477 must be in the building with climate control, labelled as Area 44. The building was built using only metal and wood, no stone or concrete building materials. Externally it looks like a hangar for storage of equipment non-existent career, but in fact there are numerous laboratories, which are essential for learning and maintenance of SCP-477. Samples of sedimentary rocks or concrete items allowed to be taken out for limits of complex content, only after grinding and mixing with acidic clay slurry to dissolve the entire fossil material was found.
Individuals of SCP-477, appeared outside the Zone 44 must be immediately captured and returned to the complex, or destroyed by shredding and acid treatment of the substrate carrier.
Description: a Thin layer of Cambrian slate, covering an area of about 2 km2 on the plateau, Mongolia. Deposits rich in fossils preserved in water, collectively designated as SCP-477. These fossils are remarkable for both its diversity and the fact that they are able to move and imitate life, floating in the thick stone as if it was the ocean that they lived 520 million years ago.
Individuals of SCP-477 are able to move through all tested types of sedimentary rocks, with no visible resistance. In atomistic main threat to the successful maintenance, as the revived fossil escaped into another geological formation that is very difficult to catch (not eliminated, and reproduction of escaped, see the incident 477-01). They are unable to leave their stone habitats for the movement in an aqueous or gaseous medium and can’t pass through soil, sand, clay and other porous substrates. Continue reading
In Krasnoyarsk region have found traces of Neolithic settlements. Her age — 6 thousand years. Scientists suggest that here was located one of the first metallurgical production. Traces of ancient civilization discovered during the laying of power lines in Kezhemsk district, Krasnoyarsk territory. “Archaeological object was found in the area where was going to start work on laying of transmission lines from Boguchanskaya HPP to the village Tayshet”, — told in the press service of the SFU. Explore the find invited students and teachers of historical-philosophical faculty, and staff of the laboratory of archeology, Ethnography and history of Siberia Institute for the Humanities, SFU. Specialists have found that the age of the settlement, which was called “the Parking lot Itomura” (named after the closest Creek), — about 6 thousand years.
In total, the excavation found about 9 thousand of artifacts of different eras: the early iron age, the bronze age and the last stage of the stone age. Among the artifacts included iron arrowheads, knives, namesnik harness deer, stone hammers, teachnique, anvils and fragments of pottery. In addition, the excavations also produced samples of charcoal and soil from the cultural layers, hearths, vessels and ancient economic holes. Scientists believe that in ancient times there were engaged in metallurgy.
The layer of earth in which hranitelnitsa the number of artifacts that dates back to the early Neolithic period in Siberia it started about 6.5 million years ago. As noted, laboratory of archaeology, Ethnography and history of Siberia GI SFU Pauline Senotrusova, up to the present time in this part of the Boguchansky district did not find such ancient settlements. Continue reading