The Sharjah archaeological Museum, located in the Emirate of Sharjah, in the quarter of al-Akbar near the science Museum is a permanent archive, which holds archaeological artifacts discovered on the territory of the Emirate. The opening of this interesting Museum was held in 1997, Archaeological excavations there started in Sharjah in 1970, Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad al Qasimi, who at that time was the ruler of the Emirate, has attached special importance to culture and science. Sheikh wished that all the found archaeological materials were displayed in a creative and artistic style.
Currently, the Sharjah Archaeological Museum is one of the best museums in the world. This is a place where history is still alive in the city, since ancient times. The oldest exhibits of the archaeological Museum about 7 thousand years, while the Emirate was a swampy area, so here were the fishermen that now sounds very strange, given the current climate in the UAE.
All Museum exhibits were arranged in chronological order. Thanks presented in the Museum artifacts, coins, pottery and ceramic ware, jewelry, ancient military weapons and other exhibits, visitors can see how life changed for residents of the region, starting from the stone age to the present day. Here you can also review the layouts of domovi burials of different times, to follow the progress of the excavations and see the first forms of writing.
One of the most remarkable exhibits of the Archaeological Museum of Sharjah is a bronze artifact in the shape of a horse’s head, discovered during excavations in the town of Mleiha. Scientists suggest that the exhibit found was made in 150 ad Continue reading
In the Archaeological Museum of Istanbul, presents rare works of art belonging to ancient civilizations in different regions from Balkans to Africa, from Anatolia and Mesopotamia to Arab Peninsula and Afghanistan that were part of the Ottoman Empire. In 1881, six years after the transfer of the Imperial Museum of antiquities and weapons from the Church. Irina in the pavilion was Repaired its Director was a prominent Turkish intellectual, artist and archaeologist Osman Hamdi Bey (1842-1910). The new Director has actively worked to transform the Museum . resembling just a warehouse of antique items of various values. Under his leadership, the archaeological excavations on the territory of the Ottoman Empire enriched the collection of the Museum many priceless masterpieces.
In 1891 under the order of Osman Hamdi Bey in Istanbul the famous architect, educated in Paris, Alexander Valluri (1850-1921) built a new building of the Archaeological Museum . called the Museum of sarcophagi (Asar-ı-Atika). In 1903, in connection with the increase in the number of exhibits were added the North wing, and in 1907 and South. In the design of the façade of this neoclassical building is clearly traced the motifs of the style of the most famous exhibits is the sarcophagus of Alexander and the Wailers. In one hundred years (1991) to meet the needs of a modern Museum . to the South-Eastern facade of the old Archaeological Museum prystailove, six-story building, first two floors are used as storage. The greatest interest among the exhibits on display in the old building of the Archaeological Museum are the marble sarcophagi of Royal (IV BC) from the necropolis of Sidon (Sidon, Lebanon). This is the sarcophagus of Sidon Abdalonymos called sarcophagus of Alexander the great, because the decorative friezes on its two long sides depict the scenes of battle and hunting with the participation of the great commander. And the tomb of STRATO, called the sarcophagus of the mourning women, because of the abundance of the weeping inmates of the harem of the voluptuous lords. There is also a collection of sculpture from the archaic period to the Byzantine Empire. The results of archaeological excavations in the valley of the Meander, Aphrodisias, Ephesus, Miletus and Manisa. Continue reading
In Krasnoyarsk region have found traces of Neolithic settlements. Her age — 6 thousand years. Scientists suggest that here was located one of the first metallurgical production. Traces of ancient civilization discovered during the laying of power lines in Kezhemsk district, Krasnoyarsk territory. “Archaeological object was found in the area where was going to start work on laying of transmission lines from Boguchanskaya HPP to the village Tayshet”, — told in the press service of the SFU. Explore the find invited students and teachers of historical-philosophical faculty, and staff of the laboratory of archeology, Ethnography and history of Siberia Institute for the Humanities, SFU. Specialists have found that the age of the settlement, which was called “the Parking lot Itomura” (named after the closest Creek), — about 6 thousand years.
In total, the excavation found about 9 thousand of artifacts of different eras: the early iron age, the bronze age and the last stage of the stone age. Among the artifacts included iron arrowheads, knives, namesnik harness deer, stone hammers, teachnique, anvils and fragments of pottery. In addition, the excavations also produced samples of charcoal and soil from the cultural layers, hearths, vessels and ancient economic holes. Scientists believe that in ancient times there were engaged in metallurgy.
The layer of earth in which hranitelnitsa the number of artifacts that dates back to the early Neolithic period in Siberia it started about 6.5 million years ago. As noted, laboratory of archaeology, Ethnography and history of Siberia GI SFU Pauline Senotrusova, up to the present time in this part of the Boguchansky district did not find such ancient settlements. Continue reading